We are pleased to report that our office in Patrick Street, Kilkenny has today reopened to clients following the Government’s relaxation of lockdown measures and the Country’s move to Phase 3 in the ‘Roadmap for Reopening Society & Business’.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued support and understanding during these unprecedented times.
Whilst our office is open and we are very happy to received clients for meetings, we have a small number of changes to bear in mind in order to comply with the "new normal” we are all facing:
- Hygiene: We have located hand sanitisers at the entrance and throughout the building and would ask that all visitors and staff continue to use these along with regular hand washing.
- Social Distancing: whilst we are working in the office and meeting with clients we are observing the current social distancing measures and will remain two metres apart at all times.
- Face masks: as per current Government guidance, if you would be more comfortable wearing a mask this is completely understandable.
- Hand Shaking: as is now common practice we will unfortunately not be able to greet our clients with the usual hand shake when they arrive.
- Scheduled & Unscheduled Meetings: whilst we would ordinarily prefer that all meetings are organised in advance to ensure the correct person is available, if you have a pressing matter which needs immediate attention you may call at our office and make enquiries at reception.
- Cleaning Regime: we have increased the frequency of cleaning in the office and all meeting rooms will be cleaned following each meeting.
We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience that these measures may cause, however, we would ask for your understanding as we continue to follow all Government Guidance regarding the spread and containment of the Covid-19 virus. It is important to note that these precautions may be updated at short notice following an update in guidance from Government.
If a meeting can take place remotely via telephone or an online meeting platform, such as Zoom, this would be our preferred approach in order to the reduce the number of people meeting in the building.
Getting Back To The New Normal
We hope that you and/or your business have not been too badly affected by the Global Pandemic and that things are beginning to get back to normal. Like many businesses across Ireland, at Poe Kiely Hogan Lanigan we have spent several months working from home and we are definitely glad to be back!
We did everything within our power to keep things running as smoothly are possible despite having to work from home due to the travel restrictions. Whilst the office may have been physically closed we were still on hand and assisted many clients on a wide range of legal matters.
A Happy Ending
One particularly pleasing area of our work during lockdown was the tireless work completed by Annette Hickey, our Head of Surrogacy & Fertility Law. Annette and her team worked night and day with the Department of Foreign Affairs, the National Infertility Support & Information Group (NISIG), Ukrainian clinics and Ukrainian lawyers on behalf of a number of Irish couples who were due to meet their new babies in the Ukraine during the height of the Covid-19 Pandemic. It is a real testament to the skill and determination of Annette and her team that RTE News was able to report that no Irish babies were stranded in the Ukraine during lockdown and their parents were able to travel safely to meet them for the very first time.
Get In Touch
We are all living in uncertain times and as a consequence of the last few months many people have used this time to reassess their current situation and make some major decisions on their next steps in life. If you have made a similar decision and would like to speak to one of our experienced solicitors to understand the options available, please click on the button below and we will get in touch to arrange a short call or meeting to discuss your next steps.
Poe Kiely Hogan Lanigan Solicitors LLP